Director, Client Services
Reporting to the Vice President Client Services, the Director, Client Services will design, implement and manage customized lead generation campaigns for clients. The ideal candidate has a B2B sales and marketing background, extensive experience designing lead generation campaigns, excellent project management skills, proven abilities in leading teams and in delivering excellence in client service.
- Design, execute and manage multi-channel, customized marketing programs for clients in the public and private sectors.
- Leverage multiple marketing mediums such as tele prospecting, targeted e-mail, InMail and other social media to optimize results.
- Manage multiple client relationships and expectations while delivering high impact demand generation solutions in a fast-paced, fun, and challenging environment.
- Develop an understanding of key trends in our clients’ markets and technical proficiency on their products or services, if applicable.
- Produce effective conversation strategies (call scripts) to drive conversion rates.
- Manage program performance, produce diagnostics and implement corrective measures to improve results, when required.
- Manage a team of Economic Development Associates to ensure high-level of program readiness, maximizing the volume of high quality leads and insightful business intelligence.
- Support the progress, development, and engagement of team members through transparent communication and effective leadership
- Partner with the Director, Business Intelligence by clearly defining target market requirements to produce high-quality prospect lists for each program.
- Partner with the sales team in developing strong client relationships, fostering loyalty and identifying sales opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Execute primary and secondary market research using best-practice methodologies to generate high-quality business opportunities
- Maximize business intelligence gathering and ensure accurate entry into research database for all customer contact
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Work experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Lead generation and design & implementation of marketing campaigns
- Team Management, Account Management, Project Management or project planning
- Social media marketing
- Marketing Agency and/or Ad Agency
- Market Research, data gathering & analysis
- Understanding and use of statistical data validation and methodologies is helpful
- Background or strong interest in demand generation and/or economic development
- Post-graduate degree in Marketing, International Business, or similar is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in market research, competitive intelligence, data gathering / analysis and project planning
- Minimum 3 years of experience successfully managing a team of people
- Fluency in English & French (additional languages an asset)
- In-depth economic development knowledge and expertise
- Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to deliver within boundaries of contract obligations
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver
- Demonstrates strong listening skills, decision making acumen and problem-solving ability
- Takes accountability, demonstrates personal integrity & honesty
- Self-motivated, highly-energetic and works well in both an independent setting and a team environment
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to comfortably converse with both clients and Senior Level Executives
- Ability to multi-task and perform well in high-pressure environments
- Commitment to quality and excellence in client service
- Proficiency in standard office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)