BUSINESS EXECUTIVES ARE TURNING TO FDI FOR GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES (INFOGRAPHIC)
Based on the 2016 A.T. Kearney Foreign Direct Investment Confidence Index, ROI Research on Investment has prepared an infographic that summarizes the current top trends and patterns in foreign investment:
- The United States tops Foreign Direct Investment (FDI Confidence Index for the fourth year in a row but a significant percentage of business executives say they would reduce FDI into the United States if Americans were to elect a populist (far-left or far-right) president in the up-coming November election;
- China claims second place in the FDI Confidence Index for the fourth consecutive year. However, executives say they will reduce their FDI in China if market volatility persists;
- Europe continues to be a prime investment destination but the Brexit clearly weighs on executive’s minds and the fallout will see them investing less in both the United Kingdom and the EU in the immediate future;
- For the second straight year, developed markets dominate the FDI Confidence Index but BRICS have lost their luster – and emerging markets are being spread across a wider range of countries than in the past;
- At a time of slowing globalization, with global trade well below its 2007 peak, it appears that global executives are turning to FDI for growth opportunities.
Discover valuable insights, major trends, and how business leaders regard the economic outlook for the coming 3 years.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Steven Jast led the growth of ROI Research On Investment from a staff of 2 to an international company with offices in 4 countries and a staff of over 60. To date, ROI Research On Investment has worked with over 300 clients from around the world. As president of ROI Research On Investment, Steven was a Finalist in the Ernst & Young International Entrepreneur of the Year Competition in 2008 and led ROI Research On Investment to its status as a Profit Hot 50 company. Steven has been published in numerous business publications, serves on several Boards and has been key note speaker at a variety of business and investment gatherings.
Interested in ROI Research on Investment?
We help Economic Development Professionals fuel the growth of their regions by connecting them to the world’s fastest growing and expanding companies. GET STARTED, request an appointment below: